This article covers a few simple steps required by new customers so Oovvuu can monetise the video inventory we help to create on our customers properties.
Requirements on the customer side:
- Provide Oovvuu will all the relevant domains and apps you wish to run Oovvuu video on.
- Upload Oovvuu's ads.txt file to those relevant domains and apps.
- In order to capture revenue from buyers using Google, Oovvuu will create the customer as a child publisher in our Google account and send the customer an invite which will need to accepted by the customer.
- Where possible provide Oovvuu with a media kit or some site/app audience information to pass onto buyers.
- If the customer has app inventory, the customer will need the customer to refer to the article here
And that's it, we take care of the rest!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does ads.txt file mean?
The ‘ads’ in ads.txt stands for Authorised Digital Seller. The IAB has taken an active role in curbing fraudsters from tricking ad buyers into purchasing fraudulent inventory through domain spoofing or unauthorised arbitrage. To achieve this, the IAB launched the ads.txt project to promote transparency and enable publishers to specify which advertising systems and resellers are authorised to sell their inventory. This is an important step towards reducing fraud and restoring trust in the programmatic supply chain.
Why do i need to upload Oovvuu ads.txt files?
If you embed the Oovvuu player on your properties, you'll need to implement our ads.txt files so that Oovvuu and our partners are authorised to sell video inventory across your properties programmatically to maximise revenue opportunities for you and our content provider partners.
During the on-boarding process Oovvuu will supply you the ads.txt files to be uploaded to your domain.
How does ads.txt files work?
In the IAB’s words, “Ads.txt works by creating a publicly accessible record of authorised digital sellers for publisher inventory that programmatic buyers can index and reference if they wish to purchase inventory from authorised sellers.”
What is the Google Invite about?
Oovvuu is a Google Multi Channel Partner which allows us to plug in the large amount of advertisers and ad agencies using Google to buy video inventory programmatically, in order for us to do so Oovvuu needs to create the customer as a child publisher in our Google account and send the customer an invite for the customer to accept.
In the invite just asks the customer that they approve for Oovvuu to run ads from Google across the Oovvuu video inventory we create on customer's sites or apps.
- The person needs to work directly for the publisher (so not a third party company)
- If the customer already has a direct Google Ad Manager or Adsense account, we will need to link the existing account ID to the invite, and it also needs to be sent to the admin user of that existing account to accept.
- If the customer does not have a direct Google Ad Manager or AdSense account then all we need to know is the contact email address of the primary person from the publisher side who is managing the relationship between the customer and Oovvuu.
It's important to note by accepting the invite it does not give Oovvuu access to the customers existing accounts nor does it give the customer access to Oovvuu's, it's just part of the process and helps publishers better understand who is selling inventory on their properties and eliminates dodgy operators.