What is Ad-Verification?
Ad verification helps both sellers and buyers verify if the ad delivered matches what was sold, ad verification will provide measurement on the following:
- If the ad was delivered in the right geo location
- If the ad was delivered on the right site or app
- If the ad was "viewable" and how long it was in "view" for.
- If the ad was delivered on sensitive content
- If the ad impression was delivered to a human user of if the impression was fraudulent e.g. bot traffic/auto-refresh.
Ad verification vendors can also block impressions that is deemed to run in non-approved sites or geo locations or to have elements of ad fraud or brand safety concerns.
Which Ad-Verification Vendors does Oovvuu use?
Oovvuu uses MOAT as a primary ad-verification vendor across our video inventory via it's direct integration with SpringServe however we also have the ability to use IAS and Google Active View too should a customer want us to use one of those vendors, in these cases please let the ad ops team know before the campaign goes live.
Which Ad-Verification Metrics does Oovvuu use?
Oovvuu closely monitors the below metrics:
- Measurable Rates - the the percentage of impressions that were measurable by the ad verification vendor
- Viewability Rates - the percentage of impressions that were deemed viewable impressions
- Avg. Time In View - the average time ( in secs) the ad was deemed to be in "view"
- AVOC% - the measurement of whether the audio was on and viewable at the time of completion.
- IVT% / Bot% - the percentage of ads delivered were deemed to be non-human or bot traffic.
Regarding brand safety from a content point of view, Oovvuu has brand safety targeting options which can be purchased to help eliminate or minimise the risk of running against sensitive content should the advertiser have any concerns. More on our brand safety policy can be found here
Can buyers use their own ad verification vendors on Oovvuu inventory?
Yes, buyers can use their own ad verification vendor accounts to monitor things like viewability, ad fraud and brand safety across Oovvuu inventory as long as the vendor they are using is an MRC accredited ad verification vendor, This requires the buyer to use a VPAID ad tag, more on this on our ad specs located here