Quite Simply, the more you use our video content and player, the more revenue you can earn!
Below are recommendations on how to grow your video views and revenue earnings.
- Embed video in the hero position of the article (above-the-fold) this will increase the click-to- play rate (streams) and ad requests/opportunities to deliver an ad, we typically see an average of 33% of users click to watch video in the top position versus 3% of users clicking to watch video at the bottom of the article.
- Adding multiple videos or Oovvuu products to an article (e.g 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th paragraph, strap and carousel) will help increase video views, ad inventory and revenue.
- Short articles with minimum text that make the video the hero of the article see high click-to-play rates helping publishers increase video views and ad inventory.
- Utilise our long form content catalog, long form is content longer than 8 mins such as documentaries, short films, movies, tv shows/episodes etc which allows for mid-roll ad breaks increasing the amount of ad requests per stream.
- Post-rolls are always an option, post-rolls are ads that play after the content ends. These are not user intrusive however they do see higher drop off rates (e.g. lower completion rates) as there is nothing to keep the user engaged apart from the ad, so it's recommended to try serve shorter bumper style ads in those positions such as 6 sec ads, adding post rolls can increase your inventory by 25-30%.
- Ensure Oovvuu's ads.txt files are implemented correctly across all your properties domains, sub domains and apps so Oovvuu and their partners can bring in ad demand programmatically.
- Provide Oovvuu with any recent relevant media kits which may contain useful audience insights such age, geo and demo breakdowns across your so we can share this information with buyers and advertisers.
- Supply Oovvuu with all your property domains which are going to be using Oovvuu video, so those domains can be whitelisted on the sell and buy-side.
- Oovvuu has an extensive video library spanning over 60 genres such as news, entertainment, business, sport, lifestyle, tech, travel and more so we highly recommend to use our video across all verticals, we see high demand from advertisers willing to pay a premium for entertainment, lifestyle, business, tech and sport related video content.
- Aim to deliver more than 15,000 streams a day, programmatically supply and demand side platforms need to see over 10,000 ad requests a day to register.